Are you prepared for the next wind-driven wildfire? Big earthquake? Torrential downpour and flooding? By following a few simple steps, you can be prepared! A little bit of effort now will bring calm during a critical incident. Get started!
Create an in-depth family disaster plan at ReadySanDiego.org
Looking for an excellent resource from SAN DIEGO COUNTY OFFICE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES on Family Disaster Guide & Preparedness? Click here for the FamilyDisasterPlan_List-2.
Register to receive emergency notifications on phone, cell, text, and email for your area. Sign up at AlertSanDiego.org
- Have a fire extinguisher on hand
- Ensure that your family knows the location of your utility shut-off controls
- Plan and practice several different evacuation routes
- Designate an emergency meeting location
- Assemble an emergency supply kit (water, food, medicine)
- Maintain a list of emergency contact numbers
- Have a portable radio with strong batteries nearby
- Sign up for CALFIRE Twitter Alerts!